What is it?
A custom spray tan is a 1-on-1 tanning session with a certified spray tan technician. A high-pressure spray gun allows the technician to apply the sunless tanning solution to all the desired areas during your session. The high-pressure spray gun ensures a flawless even application. A spray tan session typically lasts around 15-20 minutes (this includes drying time). The spray tan can last anywhere from 7-10 days depending on how well you maintain your tan. 4 Seasons Tanning & Spa offers full body spray tan sessions, upper body only, legs only, and face only options.
We offer two types of spray tan solutions at our Salon. The most common is the Venetian solution; this solution requires you to go 12-24 hours without showering. For those in a hurry we offer a Venetian One solution, where you are able to shower in 1-3 hours.
(Please note: these are general guidelines only. Speak to your Spray Tan Technician for more details.)
• Exfoliation is one of the most important factors in preparing your skin for a spray tan. Thoroughly exfoliate before your tan is to be applied. This is to remove dead skin and provide a smooth, new surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote an even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan. Make sure to pay attention to elbows, ankles, and knees.
• Shave or wax (to allow pores time to close) the night before your appointment.
• Remove make-up, moisturizer, perfume, and deodorant before your application as these can act as a barrier.
• Do not use highly moisturized soap.
• It is recommended that you wear dark loose fitting clothing.
• Solution washes out of most clothing very easily but may stain nylon and lycra materials, therefore dark colored underwear is recommended.
• Avoid having hand contact with skin as color develops, to prevent color from developing on palms or fingers.
• Leave your tan for at least 12 hours and overnight if possible, before showering or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop fully.
• Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan. Sandals are a good choice.
• Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants until after your first shower or bath.
• Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 8 hours, as these will cause the tan to rub off during the developing stage.
• All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 12 hours as this can interfere with the development of your tan.
• Do not shave until 12 hours after your spray tanning session.
• Do not sit on light colored fabrics until you have showered or have taken a bath.
(Remember - When you take a shower or a bath you will see the color guide wash off that was used when the tan was applied. Pat dry, do not rub your skin, and you will be left with a gorgeous tan.)
Maintaining Your Tan
It is recommended you follow these general guidelines to maintain your tan:
• Moisturize daily to help extend your tan (use oil-free moisturizer). Tan extender is recommended after 3 days of having your tan.
• Avoid long hot baths and showers as this speeds up exfoliation, which will fade the tan.
• We recommend using body wash over bar soap, as bar soap can dry out your spray tan.
• Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower.
• Avoid swimming pools or salt water, as these can reduce your tan. If you do go into the pool or salt water; pat yourself dry & apply moisturizer.
• Use touch up spray (ask your technician) for your face, hands and feet since these areas fade quicker than the rest of your body.
• Remember that the tan does not have any SPF factor, so wear sun protection as usual. We reccomend using lotion sunscreen over spray sunscreens. The spray sunscreen tends to have oils in it which can break your spray up.
Benefits to Spray Tanning
• Maintain a healthy, natural and fabulous glow.
• Boost your self-confidence, look good and feel great.
• Accentuate your features and appear slimmer.
• Even out skin imperfections, minimize the appearance of stretch marks & veins.
• Perfect for any special occasion: holidays, pool parties, weddings, proms, birthdays & more!
• Tans areas that may not typically be exposed.
• Eliminates tan lines.
• Quick & convenient alternative to traditional tanning.
• Instant results with your choice of darkness.
• Combine with a short UV tanning session for a “tanning cocktail” – accelerated tanning results!
• Organic, Gluten-Free, and Parabens-Free.
WE ONLY USE THE BEST!
4 Seasons Tanning & Spa uses Norvell Sunless Tanning Solutions.
Norvell provides an immediate beautiful bronze tan that not only looks good, but is formulated with a skin firming blend that builds and restores the skin’s matrix. It is this proprietary blend that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for skin that feels good, and looks great. Created with a natural DHA,
Norvell provides flawless results for a broad spectrum of skin shades and types. No matter who you are, you are just moments away from the tan you desire.
Norvell guarantees a fast drying, non-sticky and streak-free formula. You may not realize how important these three things are until you try a product that doesn’t have them. Trust us on this one – you’ll thank us!
Norvell’s perfectly blended formulas crush the competition and eliminate the worry of looking orange. Meticulously crafted utilizing color theory, Norvell solutions provide Just off the Beach™ color without the typical tanning salon odor.
To get the most of your Norvell sunless tan, we recommend using Norvell maintenance product
(ALL SOLD IN-STORE AT 4 SEASONS TANNING & SPA)
• Norvell Exfoliating Scrub
• Norvell Body Wash (Sulfate-Free)
• Norvell Prolong Tan Extender – MOST POPULAR PRODUCT
• Norvell 4 Faces
• Norvell Maintenance System (TSA Approved)
• Norvell Mousse (self-application)
• Norvell Aerosol Spray (self-application)
Spray Tanning Photos